johnmac's rants

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Road Rage

I encountered Road Rage for the first time yesterday on my way to school. I was pulling, very carefully, out of one on my driveways -- very carefully because it is close to a curve and I have to look for an opening and get rapidly out -- when a brown car came flying around the curve about 60 (speed limit 30). He saw me and slammed on the brakes, causing his car to fishtail across the road -- actually, I was not really out in the road -- the front of my car may have been two feet past my drive way -- and he could have gotten around me -- or, at least, I think he could have if the traffic in the other lane was awake to the problem.

Luckily, the cars behind him were able to stop before they hit him as was a car going in the opposite direction. I waited to make sure there was no crash or damage and then proceeded out of my driveway to the "Valley Market" about a block away to get coffee. As I was getting out of my car, the brown car arrived in the parking lot and the owner jumped out.

Him: "Fuck you" (at the top of his voice)

Me: "Wait a minute. You were doing 60 in a 30 mile zone and I was pulling out of my driveway."

Him: "You're a mother-fucker!" (People now staring from inside deli and from across the street)

At which point, I turned and walked into the deli. He saw everyone staring at him and left soon after.

I'm lucky he didn't have a gun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
A/V Blog
by Userplane