johnmac's rants

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Tuesdays

Two weeks ago yesterday, I had an accident on my motor scooter -- very little injury but the scabs on my knees still haven't healed and, yesterday, I had a problem with my car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, that caused it to be carried on a flatbed fifty-one (51) miles from the garage near Monroe College to my service station in Jefferson Valley, NY. Preliminary analysis (mine -- and what do I know) is either overheating with anti-freeze exploding or a burned out engine with oil on the ground).

Either (and who knows if either is the correct diagnosis) would be expensive but a radiator problem would be far less than an engine one -- and this comes two weeks after the nineteen hundred dollar ($1,900) hit to the scooter (mostly covered by insurance). Additionally, the scooter is still weeks away from being returned and who knows about the jeep.

It would be easy to feel sorry for myself had I not found out yesterday bout the death of an old, though not close, friend (a few years younger than me) and the grave illness of another old friend, one who had lost his voice box a few years ago -- he now faces lymphoma, is unable to speak, and waits for a bone marrow transplant.

I, on the other hand, walked away from a scary accident and lived to face another Tuesday problem -- life ain't all that bad!

1 Comments:

  • It turned out to be the lesser of two evils -- a leaky radiator that caused overheating. It could have been worse,

    By Blogger johnmac, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
A/V Blog
by Userplane