johnmac's rants

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"The Inwood Book" and other happenings

I just published "The Inwood Book". This book contains a novel, "Offering Up" that I had been working, on and off, for ten years (using everything from a Palm 7 with a keyboard through all sorts of operating systems and word processing programs, finally settling on MS-Word on both Mac and WINTEL machines and Open Office Write on LINUX machines with my ever present USB drive on my neck to move the material back and forth). I'm also close to publishing a very large collection of poems -- so the beat goes on.

I just attended two very interesting talks -- one by Daniel Callahan on Health Care Reform or the lack thereof. Dan is the author of the 2009 book "Taming the Beast: Why Medical Costs Are Destroying Our Health Care System". Dan spoke very well and there was good audience response. The next night, I heard Dave Mathison, author of "BeTHEMedia" speak in Pleasantville, NY and will hear more from him at the Katonah Library,

We're also re-launching "Web 2.0 The Magazine" which had been dormant for a few months -- so it's been a bit of a busy time. To keep track of all these things, I've launched a "Facebook Fan Page" which should provide links to other good material.

Stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
A/V Blog
by Userplane